Can you believe it is already July? And those early school mornings are just around the corner. As parents, there are so many things we need to do to get ready for back to school and there are also things that we can do to prepare for the hectic mornings to come.
- Start by rolling back bedtimes by a few minutes each night leading up to the first day of school.
- Gather any school supply lists and start knocking off the items on the list early before the stores are ransacked!
- Make sure all paperwork, including medical forms and enrollment packets are filled out and either ready to turn in or submitted early if possible.
- Have each child try on all of their school uniforms and make notes of which items need replacing because they are too small or too stained or worn out. Do your back to school shopping early while the sale is still on at Educational Outfitters!
- Think about lunches and begin to stock up on items that last longer, such as juice boxes, fruit snacks, etc.
Now that you are gearing up, start to get the kids excited about back to school.
- Talk about the fun activities that are going to go on this year at school.
- Let your kids pick out a new lunch box and backpack at Educational Outfitters!
- Help them re-arrange their closets and get organized with their new uniforms all hung nicely
When the big day is here, make sure you have done all of the following:
- Find a place to store all of the papers the kids will be bringing home
- Start a family calendar that everyone can view so that both parents and the kids all know what is going on day to day
- Plan out lunches a week in advance and prepare them the night before to help with time management in the mornings.
- Enjoy the school year with your kiddos as time flies by so fast and you will blink and it will be another school year! We hope you have a great 2017-2018 school year and hope you come to visit us at Educational Outfittesr of Phoenix! We are located at 1628 E Southern Ave, Tempe, AZ 858282, or cal us at 480-429-5136
I am sure you are like me and never have enough time to get it all done! As a parent, we are busy people and we have lists of things needing to be done. I love these tips I found on www.parents.com, written by Gina Costa. She lends some very helpful ideas [...]
Spring is here and we all know what that means.......BASEBALL season is here! America's favorite pasttime is something that brings people together whether it be at an MLB game or at your son's Little League game. It starts with The National Anthem, the jerseys are the best looking and haven't changed much in [...]
Oh how I love the food of New Orleans and Mardi Gras makes me think of all the great food I have eaten in NOLA. In addition to the food, which is AMAZING, New Orleans feels like a giant party year round, and Mardis Gras escalate that to a whole new level. Here are some [...]
Valentine's Day is a day to show the ones you love your affection. While some people say it's a "Hallmark Holiday", most women and men do enjoy receiving a small gift or such from their significant other. Children also love this holiday as it means a fun party at school and usually some [...]
Lots of people make New Year's Resolutions and by this time in January, most people have already given up on thier resolutions. So why do we make them if we aren't going to keep them? A resolution makes people feel positive about changes for the future. According to Pyschology Today, there [...]
What are some of the first things that come to mind when you think of ‘school uniforms’? Crisp khakis and oxford button-downs or maybe it’s a plaid, pleated skirt. Does your mental image of school uniforms contain ivy-league, academic style buildings with luxury cars in the parking lot?Not to bust the bubble…..but, reality is school uniforms are not [...]
Does your child come home from school and tell you they are freezing in their classroom?Since our bodies emit heat, it is best to trap the warmth our bodies produce. Layering fabrics is the best way to stay warm and you can add or remove them, depending on if you’re too warm or cold as [...]
Just as school uniforms are a tradition found at many schools, families fill their holiday season with many traditions in hopes to keep the magic alive for the younger generations. Some Christmas traditions can be leaving cookies out for Santa, going to church on Christmas Eve, or even putting out homemade reindeer food because we [...]
DAY ONE - 2010The first-ever Small Business Saturday took place on Nov 27.It encouraged people across the country to support small, local businesses.THE DAY BECAME OFFICIAL - 2011The United States Senate unanimously passed a resolutionof support for Small Business Saturday.EVERY STATE IN THE UNION - 2012From Washington D.C., to Washington State, governors, mayors, andeven President [...]